Vice President of Product
The VP of Product at Tiatros leads our technical product management, product development and production systems operations teams. Tiatros delivers asynchronous peer-group psychotherapies through HIPAA-compliant private social networks hosted by AWS. Multiple therapeutic programs share a common product platform.
The VP of Product is responsible for the design and implementation of the user experience, its interface and the use of established social media communications. The VP of Product is also responsible for the development of the product, its production systems operations and the associated engineering team in India.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Product Management
· Design the product platform that enables the delivery of all of Tiatros’ programs.
· Design the user experience, during and after Tiatros’ 8 week programs.
· Work with the program content development teams to design the automation of new program features and exercises.
· Incorporate the use of Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Analytics into the platform.
· Establish, maintain, and monitor a user feedback system. Including the voice of end users and the needs of other key stakeholders such as physicians, psychiatrists, moderators, and family members.
· Oversee competitive research, market analysis, user research and technology assessments.
· Assess and prioritize product development and enhancement opportunities.
· Define and maintain the product platform roadmap.
· Develop high level design requirements as input to the product development team.
· Provide leadership, mentoring and inspiration for the development and operations team in India.
· Ensure the development engineers have the design inputs they need to be successful.
· Monitor the design and evolution of engineering, testing and management practices in India.
· Planning, assigning and directing workloads.
Production Systems Operations
· Oversee the implementation and evolution of Tiatros’ HIPAA compliance privacy and security policies and practices
· Manage the relationship with AWS
· Manage the metrics, performance and related expectations for the production system operations teams in India and at AWS.
Experience and Qualifications
· 10+ years of experience including software development and leadership
· Experience with and knowledge of HIPAA compliance regulatory requirements
· Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader
· Experience with the design of user interfaces and experiences
· Excellent managerial skills with proven success with recruiting, hiring, coaching and mentoring engineers, data scientists, and team leaders
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, think-on-your-feet business environment
· Deadline-conscious and results-driven
· Experience with Agile development methods
· General knowledge of AWS/GitHub and current encryption technologies
· Experience with Pivotal Tracker, Twilio, Appcelerator, Pusher and WebRTC are a plus
· Experience with mobile technologies is a plus
Startup office environment located in the Mission Bay district of San Francisco, CA. Will be relocating to a larger, nearby location in October.